Study Circles for Social Change Programme
Study circles enable small groups of participants to learn together, and from each other, about how to advance their interests and needs using a democratic, interactive and participatory method of education.
- Study circles of grassroots leaders in trade unions and community organisations are essential for building vibrant democratic organisations with an active membership.
- IFWEA supports affiliates to develop a study circle programme through training and mentoring study circle facilitators to build confidence, encourage critical thinking and promote active participation.
- The programme also supports online interaction between study circle facilitators in different countries to share experiences on curricula, materials and pedagogy of study circles and build a global knowledge community.
- Share your study circle curricula, materials and methods and meet up with study circle facilitators from other organisations by joining the IFWEA – Study Circles for Social Change community on Facebook here
- Promote study circles in your organisation through running the various courses available on the IFWEA online labour academy – click here for OLA and contact the IFWEA secretariat for support with this: email email@example.com
- To find out more about study circles:
In 2019 – study circle activities for the next quarter includes:
- PHOTOGRAPHY CLUBS FOR SOCIAL CHANGE– course with unemployed youth in development programme in Delft, South Africa
- FILM CLUBS FOR SOCIAL CHANGE– course with three local communities, who will create their own documentaries for social issues awareness – Cape Town South Africa
- PARTICIPATORY LEARNING METHODS: AN INTRODUCTION TO WORKERS’ EDUCATION – course with trade unionists in retail sector in Africa
- NAMIBIA – BASIC SHOPSTEWARD COURSE – to be piloted by LARRI with young workers in three unions using the study circles methodology
- GLOBAL – USA: ACTIVIST ECONOMICS – THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF SUSTAINABLE PROSPERITY – Starts APRIL 2019 – with Interested IFWEA Affiliates and global unions – an online study circle course
- GLOBAL – ZIMBABWE: THEATRE FORUMS FOR SOCIAL CHANGE – runs in MAY to JUNE 2019- with interested global participants – an online study circle course